New Members – Join Us!
Oak Park Temple is proud to be a congregation that is open to any Jew and his or her family, regardless of income or personal wealth. Through this philosophy, our temple has successfully built a vibrant and strong congregation that reflects the diversity of our Jewish community.
For information about joining Oak Park Temple, please fill out the form on the right or download our Community Commitment Form. All financial discussions will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Please also view our Principles for Dues Calculation.
Member Request Information
For information about joining Oak Park Temple, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Members – Pay Dues
Oak Park Temple financial matters are established in the context of Jewish values, principles and ethics. See our Principles for Dues Calculations.
Please download the following forms for 2016-2017:
In addition, Oak Park Temple is migrating its membership management to ShulCloud, where you can set up an account and manage all your membership dues, donations and other purchases.
Principles for Dues Calculation
OPT financial matters are established in the context of Jewish values, principles and ethics.
- Oak Park Temple is a community that is open and accessible to any Jew and his or her family.
- While Judaism itself can thrive without reference to finances, a community of Jews who are committed to the purposes of the synagogue – learning, worship, and fellowship – does need financial resources to help each other and themselves.
- All members contribute financially; ideally, all members also contribute time, energy and talent to the congregation.
- Honest and ethical financial behavior is among the core values of Judaism.
- An appropriate dues structure reflects shared support of a vital community to preserve Jewish heritage and to support and develop Jewishly knowledgeable and observant families and households.
- Dues structures are not designed to reflect “fee for service” or program usage for any given household but rather to meet the needs of all the community.
- Dues calculations are progressive, not regressive. Those who can contribute more are asked to do so.
- Dues calculations reflect sensitivity to special needs of each household, informed by guidelines based on the community’s needs.
- Dues are calculated voluntarily.
- Dues are managed to ensure that everyone feels appreciated for their appropriate and fair contribution.
- Dues are structured for efficient, predictable, fair, confidential administration
Pay Dues Online thru PayPal
NOTE: If you’d like this payment to be for multiple items, please indicate in the Memo area. If you run out of room, after the PayPal transaction there is a link to email more info to the office.
Thanks for your payment.