Your Contributions Make Our Work Possible
Oak Park Temple survives with the generous financial gifts and donations provided by our members. We rely on members’ community commitments, or dues, and on monetary gifts to fund the synagogue and the Oak Park Temple community.
We provide worship services, educational and cultural programs, and religious school and adult education for our members in our building and in the community. Our Temple has a growing, vibrant membership with increasing enrollments to our religious school and growing participation in our community. The building virtually hums with activity during the week and most especially every Sunday.
Oak Park Temple is proud to be a congregation that is open to any Jew and his or her family, regardless of income or personal wealth. The community commitment structure is completely voluntary. We ask that members determine their own investment in the community of Oak Park Temple, taking into account their own means.
With a growing membership and rising operating costs, the community commitment proceeds are unable to completely cover the budget. We rely on donations and funds from our endowment to cover the shortfall of each year’s annual budget. Please consider making a gift today.
Your financial support ensures that we can provide a home for all who are interested in being part of our community.
Opportunities for Giving
Please review the various funding areas below, and use the PayPal Donation Form on the right to designate the Temple Fund to which you wish to contribute.
Oak Park Temple General Fund: Contributions support operations of the synagogue and all aspects of Jewish Life in our congregation, including religious, philanthropic, educational and building projects.
Oak Park Temple Endowment Fund: Contributions are invested; proceeds support Temple religious, philanthropic, educational and building projects. Read more about our endowment fund.
- Building Improvement Fund: Covers the cost of certain building maintenance and major capital improvement and renovation projects.
- Campership & Scholarship Fund: Awarded to youth otherwise unable to attend Jewish camps, education & enrichment events.
- Cantor’s Discretionary Fund: For charitable purposes at the discretion of the Cantor.
- Echad al Echad – supports programming with combined sister communities of Congregation Ma’alot Tivon and Kiryat Tivon in Israel.
- Glasser Preschool Fund: Supplements toys, equipment & supplies, and supports special projects for the Preschool.
- Martin Hausman Social Justice Fund: Supports social action projects of the Temple.
- Rabbi Samuel & Charlotte Schwartz Flower Fund: Assures pulpit flowers are provided for each Shabbat.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: For charitable purposes at the discretion of the Rabbi.
- Religious School Fund: Provides educational enhancements for the Religious School.
- Send-A-Kid-To-Israel Program (SKIP) Fund: Provides matching funds for individuals participating in SKIP.
- Shure Memorial Library Fund: Provides for the purchase of books, periodicals & other media. Library bookplates ($18 each) support this fund.
- Torah & Prayer Book Fund: Supports care of our Torahs; provides siddurim & other religious publications. Prayer Book bookplates ($40 each) support this fund.
- Youth Group Fund: Provides resources and support for Youth Group programs.
Donate Online thru PayPal
Please designate the Temple Fund on the left to which you wish to contribute by selecting from the dropdown menu in the form below.
Your contribution to Oak Park Temple is tax-deductible. Unless otherwise requested, all contributions are acknowledged in The Messenger. Questions? Telephone the Temple office at (708) 386-3937 or email the Temple Administrator.
Want to donate to more than one fund? Pay for something not on this list? Have extra information you want included with the payment? You’ll have a chance to send an email with extra details once the PayPal submission is complete.
Donate Stocks or Securities
Please download our Electronic Transfer Authorization Form to transfer securities to Oak Park Temple’s brokerage account.
Oak Park Temple Endowment Fund
The Temple’s Endowment Fund serves three purposes:
- It makes an annual distribution to the Temple which helps to cover operating expenses. The larger the endowment fund, the more money can be paid each year.
- It serves as a resource for capital improvement projects. In the past, the Fund has loaned the congregation money for improvements to the physical plant, which have been repaid.
- It stands as emergency security in the event of a catastrophe.
The Endowment also endorses a program where, for a minimum of $10,000, an individual or family can donate funds to the Endowment for the purpose of funding a specific project or providing for scholarships, etc. While the restricted funds are a part of the overall endowment investment, the earnings are set aside and contributed, annually, for the restricted purposes as designated by the donors.
The Endowment Fund is seeking donations and bequests so that it can enhance and expand upon the purposes for which it was designed.
Permanently Endowed Funds
The following Temple funds require a minimum commitment of $10,000. Please inquire in the Temple office about ways to support these specific funds, as well as more detailed information about them.
- Pearl Malk Kol Nidre Stringed Instrument Endowment
- The William Ira Heine Congregational Engagement Endowment
- Karen Natal Preschool Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Bruce R. Albelda Religious Education Fund
- Elizabeth and Andrew Hibel Community Commitment Endowment
- Hausman Brunch Endowment Fund
Please read more about additional fundraising opportunities.
Oak Park Temple and Your Legacy
Each of us, regardless of age or wealth, has the power to leave a legacy—one that fulfills our passions and dreams, and also one that carries on the legacy of those who came before us.
As you consider your legacy, please consider the importance of Oak Park Temple to you and your family. Through the simple act of a planned gift, such as a bequest in a will, you can help to ensure that Oak Park Temple has a vibrant and vital tomorrow. Planned gifts enable our children’s children to participate in a positive Jewish life, full of pride in our traditions.
Fortunately, there are many different ways to provide resources to ensure our congregation’s future. If you would like to learn more about establishing a Jewish Legacy with Oak Park Temple, please contact Danielle Sandler, Rabbi Weiss, or Matthew Tushman. And, if you have already included a legacy gift in your will or estate plans, THANK YOU!
By making a planned gift commitment to Oak Park Temple and joining our LIFE & LEGACY Society, we work together to secure the necessary resources for our community’s future.
Donate Your Car to Oak Park Temple
Have an old car taking up space in your driveway? Donate it to Oak Park Temple!
- Avoid the hassles of selling a car
- No need to pay hefty repair bills
- Free up space in your garage
- 100% tax deductible
Donating your car is EASY!
It’s as easy as filling out an online donation form or picking up a phone and speaking to a live operator.
If you have any questions just call one of our friendly operators toll-free at 855-500-7433 or 855-500-RIDE seven days a week.
We accept all kinds of vehicles. Your donation is greatly appreciated!