Parenting in the Age of Social Media: Focus on Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why
Monday, May 22, 7:00-9:00 pm
Anshe Emet Synagogue
3751 N. Broadway, Chicago
13 Reasons Why, the Netflix show that includes issues of bullying, rape and suicide, is making the job of parenting even more challenging. You are invited to a parent program about ways to address these themes with teens and tweens.
A panel of experts will:
- Provide insight into the adolescent brain
- Assess the risks and opportunities of social media
- Share parenting strategies for talking to your teens about difficult topics; and
- Highlight ways Jewish youth professionals and clergy are partners in addressing whole teen health.
- Robin Stein, Director, Response
- Tracey Lipsig Kite, Trainer/Consultant, Jewish Child & Family Services
- Dana Hirt, Parenting Educator and Coach
- Rabbi Yehuda Polstein, Executive Director, Madraigos Midwest
- Ann Luban, Synagogue Community Partnerships Coordinator, Jewish Child & Family Services
Light refreshments will be served