OPT’s Summer Day Camp
Camp Shalom is a high quality day camp program for children entering 1st through 6th grades. It is a full day of camp five days per week. Based on Judaic values and fun summer activities, Camp Shalom is all about inclusion and community. Campers have opportunities to participate in art projects, theatrical presentations and sport activities. There are daily swim lessons with bus service to and from the pool. There are fun field trips, engaging counselors and two snacks each day!
Questions regarding registration may be directed to Robin Arbetman at 708-386-3937 or email@example.com
NEW THIS YEAR
This year at Camp Shalom, we are offering an early pick up schedule. We think this will please the families with children in both Camp Shalom and Glasser Preschool Summer Camp.
You may choose a 1:30 pick up time Monday through Thursday. Friday is a full day, of camp with a field trip. And this choice does include a reduced weekly rate.
Send me info about Camp Shalom!
Facts About Camp Shalom
- Register by the week! We are offering registration by the week instead of multiple week sessions.
- Pay in full by April 1st to receive 10% discount off all fees.
- Drop Off & Pick Up at Oak Park Temple, 1235 N. Harlem, in Oak Park.
- Hours: 9:00-4:00 daily, 7:45 early drop off is available.
- Campers bring lunches Monday through Thursday. All lunches are refrigerated. On Fridays we provide lunch.
- Each camper receives a camp t-shirt.
- Daily swimming! Indoor lessons and outdoor free swim. Round trip bus service provided between Oak Park Temple and pools.
- Drama production every other week beginning June 23.
- Excellent (very low) counselor to camper ratio makes Camp Shalom fun and safe for everyone.
- Field trips to Lego Land, Safari Land, Cypress Cove waterpark, Brunswick Zone, a Bravo production, Putting Edge Laser Mini Golf and more.
- Weekly special theme days including Maccabiah (olympic) day, pirate day, America day, hippie day and Disney day – with costumes and special activities.
- Daily visits to Field Center park at Mann School for outdoor games and activities.
- Campers choose activities each week from sports, art and drama/dance.
- Group time in age level groups.